If no Free Legal advice is available is no representation a very bad idea?

Convicted Driver Insurance

JJ2013

At the weekend I was stopped for drink driving and am due to go to court in 2 weeks time. At the time I did not ask to see a free on-duty solicitor as I was too shell shocked and besides knew I was guilty and will plead as such. It is my first offence and I blew 65 and am still kicking myself for being such an idiot. I can not really afford to get a solictor and have been advised that if there are more serious cases at the Magistrates courts I may not even be able to see someone for free legal advice/representation - therefore would it be terrible to represent myself or should I try and find the money for a solicitor? The police who processed me did advise me that I should mention the stress and personal situations going on in my life as it may help with them not being so harsh on my sentence, although I am aware I will receive an automatic ban - I am more concerned at the likely fine I will have to pay, alongside all my other financial committments! Any help/advice would be appreciated.:confused:

With a reading of 65 in breath the Magistrates sentencing guidelines advise a 17-22 month disqualification, the fine that will be imposed is based on your financial circumstances ans the Court will likely allow you time to pay if you explain your finances to them. If this is your first offence then you should be offered the drink drive rehabilitation course which will reduce your disqualification by up to 25% upon completion.

Whether or not you should have a solicitor attend Court with you is entirely your decision, in my experience those who are represented receive more lenient sentences but if you main concern is the cost then a solicitor's fees could well outweigh any fine imposed by the Magistrates. My department works on a fixed fee basis so if you would like a quote please call us on 0845 002 0736.

With a reading of 65 in breath the Magistrates sentencing guidelines advise a 17-22 month disqualification, the fine that will be imposed is based on your financial circumstances ans the Court will likely allow you time to pay if you explain your finances to them. If this is your first offence then you should be offered the drink drive rehabilitation course which will reduce your disqualification by up to 25% upon completion.

Whether or not you should have a solicitor attend Court with you is entirely your decision, in my experience those who are represented receive more lenient sentences but if you main concern is the cost then a solicitor's fees could well outweigh any fine imposed by the Magistrates. My department works on a fixed fee basis so if you would like a quote please call us on 0845 002 0736.

Thank you very much for the advice - this is really appreciated.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off