Going to Court on Friday, need some advice.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dougmilne27

I was arrested on Thursday 28th April for Drink driving, tested at the station where I produced a breath reading of 47, I was offered further blood/unine testing but I turned it down due to not wanting to drag this process out any more then It needs to. I am due in Court on friday. I have never been to Court before, I do not have a criminal record or even been arrested before that either, so I am a little worried about what to expect and what I should say (apart from that i will plead guilty and express how sorry I am for doing this). Is there anything I should avoid saying or should include in what I should say that may help my defence? Also, is it worth providing the court with a statement from my boss essentially saying that I am not the sort of person who usually disregards the Law and that I am generally a good person? and if so, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks for your time!

I'm afraid that I cannot give detailed advice on how to prepare your case for Court without being instructed as every case differs in it's circumstances. However yes obtaining a character reference from your place of work is usually of benefit as it demonstrates previous good character to the Court.

If you are interested in the possibility of representation then please feel free to call my office on 0845 002 0736 and ask to speak to Alex.

I'm afraid that I cannot give detailed advice on how to prepare your case for Court without being instructed as every case differs in it's circumstances. However yes obtaining a character reference from your place of work is usually of benefit as it demonstrates previous good character to the Court.

If you are interested in the possibility of representation then please feel free to call my office on 0845 002 0736 and ask to speak to Alex.

I see, okay, thank you.

Just one more question, how does a Character referance work
? do I get my boss to write out a statement or has he got to come to court with me or? and if it is a statement, at which point do I present it to the court?

Usually in a character reference your direct manager would write a letter to the Court explaining your job role and outlining the effect of any ban, you would then be able to present this to the Magistrates during the hearing.

Best of luck with the hearing.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off