Im absolutely gutted! Advice please.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Gutted!

I have already posted this but it hasn't appeared so this time will be long story short. I am absolutely gutted I have done this, and it is very out of character! I am so lucky I didnt hurt anyone!!
I have been driving 6 years and have 5 years protected no claims.

This happened the early hours of the 20/01/13

Had an arguement with babysitter when i got home from drinking in town and having a good night with the Mrs.

Jumped in my car and headed to my fathers house to leave before it got heated.

Very icy out and lost control coming off of a roundabout and clipped a sign with my back end. 3am in morning not a car on the roads.

Then lost control on ice coming into housing estate and hit into one parked vehicle, which pushed it into another parked vehicle on a driveway after clipping a small two foot high wall.

Fled the scene - I was in shock.

Arrested at my fathers house 15 minutes later. I was fully compliant and held my hands up immediately. Only thing was I couldn't remember a thing about what happened although I knew I had an accident, and only after was I able to piece things back together.

I blew 100ug at my fathers house - Then at station 15 minutes later I blew 89/90ug.

What am I going to be looking at?

Its my first offence, I have a young family and my partner doesn't drive - we also have a disabled child who struggles to walk any sort of distance without becoming breathless. I feel I really need to get a solicitor to represent me, I know a ban is mandatory, but need it to be as little as possible!

I feel depressed and in shock, Im gutted for what I have done, but thankful no one was hurt :(

Thanks

The Magistrates sentencing guidelines advise a 17-22 month disqualification for a reading of 89, however this is at the top end of the sentencing bracket and with the accident and leaving the scene as aggravating factors the Magistrates may choose to sentence you in the next bracket. This would involve a 23-28 month disqualification and a community order.

I will ask one of my colleagues to give you a call to discuss this in greater detail.

The Magistrates sentencing guidelines advise a 17-22 month disqualification for a reading of 89, however this is at the top end of the sentencing bracket and with the accident and leaving the scene as aggravating factors the Magistrates may choose to sentence you in the next bracket. This would involve a 23-28 month disqualification and a community order.

I will ask one of my colleagues to give you a call to discuss this in greater detail.

Hi,
I was just speaking to your colleague and got cut off - could he phone me again please?
Many thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off