Collecting Advanced Information 7 Days Before Hearing

Convicted Driver Insurance

jeff

I have just read on the information sheet that I can collect 'Advanced Information' provided by the prosecution 7 days prior to the hearing.

In a first-time offence with a reading of 75 and no damage caused, what is this likely to say? I'm particularly interested to know: if the CPS were intending to use BAC Extrapolation to charge a higher penalty, would this be included in the Advanced Information?

(Just want to know if it's worth collecting.)

The advanced information may state whether the CPS intend to make a BAC calculation however this is a decision that may be made just a couple of days before the first hearing. Is there any reason in particular you are concerned that they may decide to follow this procedure?

As to the likely sentence, the Magistrates sentencing guidelines advise a disqualification of 17-22 months and a means tested fine.

If you would like to discuss this in greater detail then please call my office on 0845 002 0736 and ask to speak to Alex

They could quite easily infer I was in car 1.5 hours before the breath test at the station, given they know where my journey started, and the delay in taking me to the station.

As for reasons why they would really want to do this - I can't think of any.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off