Appealing agaist drink driving convicition

Convicted Driver Insurance

isee100

hello, i think have been wrongly convicted in court and i was giving a driving ban, the situation been that first i hadn't seek proper legal advice before attending my hearing and secondly believing that if i had pleaded guilty i would been shown minor punishment while explaining my own side of the story.
hence the case, me and my friends were at a pub were three boys came harassing our girlfriends, and one of my friend had to start arguing with the boys, on getting to know the situation i felt i should intervene, but to my shock i saw 3 boys, only one trying to punch and fight me. then suddenly i saw the third boy been on the phone and speaking to someone. i felt we were in danger considering the fact that the area is very known to gangs and hoodlums. i felt i had to get away as soon as i can because we were vulnerable so hence me driving away, but unfortunately the police has been called before we went and they were immediately shown our car just 20yards away.
i was pull over and did breath test which i failed on the road side, then were later taking to a police station were i had to blow again. i did had problems with blowing my first reading cos of my breathing problem, i couldn't breath properly i had to do it 3times before i could get 1st sample which reads 91, then officer said i have to blow second reading which i try as much as possible to blow but i could not. and for the fact been that the officer had giving 3trials with my first breath, he said he's going to charge me on failing to prove specimen. please i really need legal advice as i felt i wasn't represented properly in court stating all my fact and my life and that of my friends were in danger in the first instance reason while i drove the vehicle and the reason while i landed in police custody as well. pls advice me as i want to appeal and what are my chances of my case been re-heard because i think i have special reason grounds

The Court's usually allow 21 days to appeal a sentence or conviction, although it is possible to make an application to appeal out of time. It sounds as though you may have grounds for a special reasons plea although we would need to discuss this in greater detail and have a look at the case papers.

If this is something you would like to discuss further please call 0845 002 0736 and ask to speak to Alex.

I CALLED THE NUMBER BUT I WAS TOLD SOMEONE WILL CALL ME BUT I WAITED BUT NO ONE CALLED!!

BELOW IS THE STORY HOW IT UNFOLD I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF I CAN APPEAL FOR MITIGATION OR WHAT OTHER CHANCES DO I HAVE

I only pleaded guilty based on the fact that I wasn’t represented properly in court and didn’t seek proper legal advice and secondly I pleaded guilty based on the fact that I have a breathing problem but no medical to prove. I can't hold my breath for too long which however the breathalyser requires me to. evidence can been seen on CCTV footage in the breathalyser room as I tried as much as I could and had to do it 3times before I could provide 1st reading which was 91.
I thought with the special reason been I feared for my life because one of the boys trying to beat me up was on the phone calling his other gangs and there were two other boys trying to beat me up reason why I had to drive and flee the scene and drive away to save 2vulnurable girls and my life as well. This which led to my arrest, I thought could have been put into consideration.
Also I have never been convicted before nor had any point on my licence as good character, I think I should have been shown minor punishment may be a fine and community order or if its a ban may be 12month and been sent on drink driving course because it’s my first offence. so I was thinking based on the special reason which can be seen on the CCTV footage in-front of the bar for further evidence would have been considered and taking into account before giving my sentence.
I could have been stabbed or beating to death if I had not fled the scene and would not have appeared in court, because Peckham is well known for various gangs and hoodlums and the scene were the incident happens is also well known to local gangs.
To further argue my case the judge who passed the sentenced did actually said me pleading guilty has had a significant impact on my case because she also thought of my life been in danger but did not apply it to my sentence.
I pleaded guilty because I thought I had no medical to prove my breathing problem and because I thought if I plead guilty while also taking into account my special reason could land me a minor punishment.
Further image can be seen on CCTV Footage in the room were I was breathalyse that I fully co-operate with the police officer during the process.
Also recently my mum job is been threatened by the NHS cuts and she is likely to lose her job very soon and if she does she won’t be able to pay the mortgage and would be force to re-possession. Right now am un-employed I only rely on student loan for my finance reason why I can’t go on benefit. As I am the only child of my mum she could only rely on me to go find a job ASAP, and been taking a career path in transport and logistics in university I need a driver’s licence to be able to pursue my career path and secure our house from re-possession.

My colleague had attempted to call you after you left the message but was unfortunately unable to get through.

You may be able to put forward to argument of duress or emergency but I would have to review the prosecution papers before being able to advise you of whether you had grounds to appeal your conviction.

have just called the office again and was told Alex is not around, I left a message, can someone pls call me on [REMOVED TELEPHONE NUMBER, IT IS AVAILABLE TO STEPHENSONS SOLICITORS AS OPPOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC]

Last edited by a moderator:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off