Question regarding the blood test and being in charge offence

Convicted Driver Insurance

yela

Hi, I was recently arrested for being in charge of the vehicle whilst intoxicated, although I hadn't already driven, nor was I intending to drive anywhere. In order to be found guilty is it true they must be able to prove that I was intending to drive the car?

Also, I blew 54 at the road and 45 in the station. Therefore I opted to take the blood test. I was wondering will the blood test measure just for my alcohol level or for drugs like cannabis as well? I'd smoked a spliff earlier that day so i'd like to know if they have to test specifically for drugs or if it will just be alcohol. They never mentioned or alluded to me of being on anything apart from alcohol so there would have been no suspicion.

Thanks

The testing procedure will only be looking at the blood alcohol content, however it is possible that they could become aware of the presence of cannabis in your system during the testing procedure.

You are correct in saying that no intention to drive the vehicle is a defence to drunk in charge although this is not as simple as it first seems as the police may be alleging that you attempted to drive.

If you would like to discuss this in greater detail then please call my office on 0845 002 0736 and ask to speak to Alex.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off