Bac calculations

Convicted Driver Insurance

Star

I was involved in an accident and due to hyperventilating was unable to give a breath test. I was taken to the hospital and a blood test was taken. The results came back as 53mg and an officer came to see me at home approx 2 weeks after incident and told me due to the time lapse of the blood test taken, they would need me to answer further questions and a bac calculation will be provided. To be honest I didn't really under stand what he was saying but tried to answer his questions to the best of my ability. I suffer from depression and post traumatic disorder and my memory can be hazy at times. I am also on anti depressants. Everything he asked I answered but struggled to remember exactly, felt he was indirectly answering the questions. Anyway, he asked my height which I gave and my weight, couldn't remember but kinda guessed. He asked me my build and stated I was average build which I didn't think I was but didn't say anything. After contacting the officer I was told today that the bac reading came back as 107mg and therefore I was over. I was told I will get a summons and to attend court who will decide if I am to be convicted or not. I am confused because I didn't have a drink in the morning but was drinking the night before am even more confused that if I was over at the time of the accident ( it happened approx 12.30-1pm) how did I drop so quickly when they took my blood approx 3 hours later. How realistic is the bac calculations and can it be disputed?! Sorry for writing so much but I don't know what is going on anymore. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

The best way to challenge any BAC calculation would be to have your own experts report prepared. The benefit of this will be that you can give more accurate answers to your own expert and you will not be influenced to give certain information. If this report states that you would not have been over the limit at the time of driving then it will be of significant benefit to your case. As to whether your blood alcohol reading could have dropped 54mg in 3 hours, it is very difficult to asses as everyone's metabolism differs, the expert would address this issue in his report.

We have a lot of experience in dealing with these cases and if you would like to discuss this further then please call my office on 0845 002 0736 and ask to speak to Alex.

I was involved in an accident and due to hyperventilating was unable to give a breath test. I was taken to the hospital and a blood test was taken. The results came back as 53mg and an officer came to see me at home approx 2 weeks after incident and told me due to the time lapse of the blood test taken, they would need me to answer further questions and a bac calculation will be provided. To be honest I didn't really under stand what he was saying but tried to answer his questions to the best of my ability. I suffer from depression and post traumatic disorder and my memory can be hazy at times. I am also on anti depressants. Everything he asked I answered but struggled to remember exactly, felt he was indirectly answering the questions. Anyway, he asked my height which I gave and my weight, couldn't remember but kinda guessed. He asked me my build and stated I was average build which I didn't think I was but didn't say anything. After contacting the officer I was told today that the bac reading came back as 107mg and therefore I was over. I was told I will get a summons and to attend court who will decide if I am to be convicted or not. I am confused because I didn't have a drink in the morning but was drinking the night before am even more confused that if I was over at the time of the accident ( it happened approx 12.30-1pm) how did I drop so quickly when they took my blood approx 3 hours later. How realistic is the bac calculations and can it be disputed?! Sorry for writing so much but I don't know what is going on anymore. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

thank you for your prompt reply, highly appreciated. I have now instructed a solicitor to deal with my case. Will let you know of the outcome. Thanking you in advance and happy new year

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off