1st offence_76 reading

Convicted Driver Insurance

sharp1

Hi,

I am a hard working mother of 4 (8 yr old, 4 and 10 month old twins) I was very stupidly caught over the limit last weekend.
I had friends over for dinner and drinks. We ordered a takeaway, the girl i was with had no cash and wasn't from the local area so i foolishly took her to the cash point. Without realising my break light was out and got pulled over and breathilised. I was taken to the station. The custody sargent seemed very understanding and i was out within 2 hours. I did a breath test which read 76. they didnt take blood or urine.

I have to go to court in january and am really worried what will happen. I cannot loose my license my children would suffer.
I drive approx 20 mins away to take them too school everyday, i also work so i drop them off at breakfast club then the babies to my mothers then go onto my work place.
I also attend alot of hospital appointments with my twins as they were premiture, one has hearing problems and the other a heart murmour. I need my car to do this as the hospital is in the next town.
I do not live that close to shops so i couldn't shop easily. I rely on my car so much.
I have a clean license for 12 years, i am very sorry for what happened.
If i loose my license i would have to walk to school which would take 45 mins there then back or catch a bus which is very difficult with 4 young children, plus buses in london are crammed and dirty and my double buggy wouldn't fit on.
I'd also l have to give up my job which would mean me having to go on benefits. As dropping them off to school etc then getting to work without a car would be impossible.
I love my job and it keeps us living out of poverty. Without my job, my children wouldn't have the essentials to get by as we just about do now.
All that because of one stupid mistake. I've learnt my lesson by even getting arrested. Let alone going to court then potentially loosing my license the thought of it is unbareable, im loosing sleep and feel extreamly anxious.

Would a character reference go in my favour. I'm a respectable hard working mother and wife and have never been arrested or in any trouble.

Would the court take any of that into consideration? What do you suggest i do?

Thank you for your time.

Its not an easy one and the Courts will be looking to ban you from driving for nearly two years, we all rely upon our licences a great deal and so you would be best to instruct a Solicitor to attend Court with you. There is no mitigation that will remove the ban completely but the best option would be an early guilty plea and then to reduce the ban and fine by explaining your personal circumstances. The Courts are given guidelines for these types of offences but they are able to drop the sentence depending on how well the mitigation is put to them by your Solicitor, let me know if we can help further, regards

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off