Accident

Convicted Driver Insurance

jefferydeaver

I was involved in an accident on Sunday evening, I had stopped at some traffic lights and was turning right, the traffic lights turned to green and I pulled off but was hit by a car coming straight on from the other direction. Both the cars were written off, although there were no injuries apart from bruises, I suspect that I was at fault as I misread the traffic lights and turned right when it only referred to the lights for going straight on. I was tested at the roadside and measured 45, then again at the police station where it was 50/48. I took the option of a blood test and have to return to the police station in January.

I know that I will receive a ban but would like your opinion on how much more severe the sentence will be due to the accident, I have no previous convictions and have been driving for 12 years.

The Magistrates sentencing guidelines advise a 12-16 month disqualification for a reading of 48 in breath and as this is your first offence you should also be offered the drink drive rehabilitation course which will reduce the length of the disqualification by up to 25%. The fact that you have been involved in an accident will be considered an aggravating factor by the Court and could well cause the sentence to be at the high end of this range.There are things that can be put forward in mitigation at Court such as character references which will help to reduce the sentence.

If this is something that you would like to discuss in greater detail then please call my office on 0845 002 0736 and ask to speak to Alex

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off