Community Penalties

Convicted Driver Insurance

gutted

Established Member
Hi,

I blew 104 (3 times over). This was my first offence and there are no aggravating factors. I intend to plead guilty and show remorse. I've held my license for 8 years and it's clean. I have 5 years no claims.

Does anybody have an idea of what I might be given as a community penalty? i.e. what would a supervision order entail? How many hours unpaid work might I expect? etc etc

Finally, if I were to get, for instance, 80 hours unpaid work, is it possible to book 2 weeks holiday from work and blast it out ... or would it have to be 8 hours every Sunday for the next 10 weeks?

The Magistrates are likely to sentence you to a low - high level community order for your offence. As you blew 104 it is likely to be a medium community penalty at the very least.

The Magistrates can sentence you to unpaid work (40 - 300 hours) or supervision (12 - 36 months). However, there are many other sentences that can comprise a community order.

The precise nature of any unpaid work will be discussed with you by a probation officer at Court.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off