failing to supply a breath specimen

Convicted Driver Insurance

essbe1

Hi, I need advice. On sat night I was involved in a rta where as my gf pulled up the handbreak whilst I was driving. This lead to police being involved. Anyway I failed to provide a breath specimen and was arrested. I was taken to the police cells where I spent around 10hrs. In the morning I was asked to blow into there machine to see if I was over the limit to be questioned. Consequently I was still over the limit. So they locked me up for a little longer. After bout another 2hrs they did the same thing blow into the machine to see if I can be questioned. Still a high reading. So the locked me up for longer. In the end I was bailed to return to the station without charge. I am now worried that I've been duped into providing evidence and they are going to charge me with drink and driving and failing to provide a specimen. I need advice and help on this matter.

yours is a very odd story and the bottom line is that the drink drive machine is never, and should be never, used to see if someone is fit for interview. The decision on that can only be made by a medical examiner and so it may well be that you have been asked to formally provide a sample. if thats the case and it was over then they should have charged you there and then so again i am not quite sure what has gone on. you may find that a simple charge of failing to provide a sample is laid and then the court should be able to hear the case, just let me know some more information and i am sure that we could help,

Okay, So I have spoken with various solicitors and had some very scary answers! All that I can do is wait until I go back to the police station for questioning and be charged. The way its looking so far is additional charges to be brought to me, thats why I have not been charged whilst they get further evidence together. The main thing that was pointed out to me is what happened at the police station. As it stands I believe i was not taken to the brethilizer room to submit samples for evidence or was advised of this procedure. They did ask me if I understood why I was in police custody. My reply was failing to supply specimen. I was not aware that a secondary breath test was a procedure that needed to be followed. 1 solicitor has advised me that this must have happened and I do not remember!!.. I am 99.9 percent sure this did not take place until the morning after and I was breathalized to see if I was fit to sit for an interview. I do not believe I would forget something like this unless the police are going to be suggesting I was so impaired that I did not know what was happening!.. Stressful!!

Hello again!.. Just like to update you with the situation that I faced last week. After a week of immense stress and worrying trying to find the right lawyer and seeking advice and searching various sources, i was informed by my solicitor that he had spoken to the officers in charge of my case and they had decided "no further action". I was estatic, shocked, relieved, basically I was an emotional wreck!!.. I dont understand how this happened as we know the police dont let you get off just like that. Obviously the factors that led to my car coming off the road in the first place was something out of my control with the addmittance of my gf saying it was her fault for pulling up the handbreak in the first place. The police should have arrested her too! But they were too busy with me assuming I was drunk and failing to supply!. Well Ive learnt a few lessons this week. 1). Watch tham crazy ass suicidal girlfriends, wifes, women. If they start goin mad... just pull over in a safe place. 2). No matter how good or carefull driver you are, Dont drink and drive! you may be put in a situation totally out of your control and at no fault of your own be faced with a situation as I was.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off