Due care & Failing To Stop

Convicted Driver Insurance

underworld

Hi,

Last September i got into an accident where I didn't see an oncoming vehicle and clipped it's rear quarter as i was moving from a stationary position indicating right to go into a small country lane i saw the vehicle that i clipped didn't appear to stop or slow (no brake lights as my friend who was driving the car behind confirmed with me) so i continued down the lane until i saw lights racing up behind me which panicked me so i continued to drive to try to get away from this vehicle (couldn't tell if it would be someone dangerous although i know it was stupid of me to drive off without giving details etc) eventually i came over a small bridge and lost control ending up in the hedge which i got out and the man of the other car pulled up shouting angrily at me etc and called the police where i was told i would be reported for failing to stop and driving without due care. I have received a summons yesterday for mid january with these 2 offences listed. Now i would like some advice if possible what to expect. I will plead guilty for both but I will plead with the fact that the due care was a momentary lapse of misjudgement as i didn't see the vehicle despite doing checks before manoeuvring and not taking note of the vehicle i collided with and the fact that i panicked which is why i didn't stop and exchange details. This was my first accident with another vehicle (previous accident on black ice where i was undertook uphill and had to brake to avoid collision when lanes closed to 1 causing me to slide into a barrier) and i need my licence for my job as my job is a delivery driver and i have loans to pay off with my job and will fall into hardship and arrear without my job, i also live out of town and away from local mass transport in the countryside which also poses the fact that i couldn't get out of my village to get to work without a car as well. Also is it true that if there are 2 offences caused in the same event, points will only be awarded for one? And are the points i've mentioned valid to put forward for mitigation or hardship.

Sorry for the essay, just my driving licence means a lot to me as it is the only way to get anywhere and earn money, i realise the stupidity of my mistakes i'd just like some advice on how to proceed and what i can do before and at my court case.

Thankyou.

hello, in a case such as yours it is well worth getting some help as there is a big difference in the sentence for this type of case. The Court can impose a ban from driving or at the very least points which can make a professional drivers life tough. The case needs to be reduced to its simplest form and that means that the court can only look at the lowest bracket which will keep down the fine and the points, plenty of mitigation will also be needed and its also worth getting some character references too, let me know if we can help more, cheers

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off