Drink Spiking

Convicted Driver Insurance

Josh

Hello, whilst driving my small 50cc moped on the short trip home, i was arrested for having twice the limit of alcohol in my breath last night but the police were very understanding as i was very apologetic and solemn.

I thought the amount i drank over an extended period of time was not enough to constitute as drink driving but i found out this morning that my friend had slipped a few shots into my pints which we normally do as a joke as usually we use taxi's to get home.

on the night in question the taxi's were fully booked and i decided that i had drunk little enough to drive home but unknowingly i hadn't.

I was just wondering if my friend would get into any trouble if i was to inform the court of his actions as he meant no harm and we normally do this kind of thing as a joke when we are out. I probably should inform them to strengthen my defence but what would this mean for him? I dont want him to come to any trouble.

Thankyou

Josh,

Arguing that your drinks were spiked is not a defence. You would need to plead guitly and ask the Court to list your case for a special reasons hearing at which point you would present your argument that your drinks were spiked.

Your friend would need to attend Court with you in order to give evidence and you would also need an expert report to confirm by what quantity the spiked drinks elevated your alcohol level.

Your friend will not get into trouble if genuinely believed that you were not going to drive on the evening in question.

Laced drinks arguments are often notoriously unsuccessful at Court. If the Court rejected your argument then you would be sentenced to a 17 - 20 month ban based on being double the limit. If you were successful then you would be able to ask the Court to put points on your licence instead.

If you wanted any help in this case we are able to offer our services on a fixed fee basis.

Hope this helps.

also i would like to ask roughly how much alcohol in units it would take for a 13 stone (182 pounds i think) man to reach my alcohol level of 72 micrograms per breath.
cheers

Josh,

In response to your 2 questions:

(1) We would charge £2500 plus VAT for representation. This would be on a fixed fee basis. You would have to pay extra for the expert report which would be between £150 - £200 plus VAT. Payment could be in installments.

(2) Only a forensic scientist can say what your level of alcohol would have been but for the spiked drinks. The rate of absorption of alcohol is unique to every individual and depends of a variety of factors.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off