HELP - Blew 131 second offence in 10 years !!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

bilabonic

Hi All

First offence was failure to provide specimen sample in Aug 1998 - £170 fine, 18 month ban, reduced 13 with course.

I have 2 charges

DDrive with reading 131
Hit neighbours wall/pillar and it has tilted, no damage to my van - charged failed to stop.

The details are still hazy to me now as i was having SEVERE alcohol withdrawal as i have had problems with it over the years. I had been drinking for days, woke up 9am, had some wine and my medication SEROQUEL (contains ethanol), ran out so decided to drive 2 minutes to shop. I dropped a bottle in the shop, she reported me to police and found me outside my car at my home. Thia was about 11.30. The police claim they also followed me from the shop but i had been in the house and had come back out to my vehicle to search for drink....

I have no recollection of hitting the wall but presume i must off attempted to drive earlier, hit wall and parked back outside my home (20 yards from my home were i park and the wall)

I was in cell for 11 hours having SEVERE wihdrawals but had nurse out who give me some diazepam which i also have off my Dr when i need to come off alcohol.

I had also been off work all week due to alcohol.

Duty solicitor just said to reply NO COMMENT in the interview, i also requested a copy of the interview and pc just laughed as said its no point as i did not comment.

Was still not with it in the interview, shaking, sweating, totally confused, i do not know who my duty solicitor is, but he was very blase about it all ???

I have a good job which requires me to drive, was awaiting to see an alcohol councillor through work, i have 3 rental properties and need my van to support/maintain them.

Offence was the 1st, magistrates on 17th.

It is only now am able to function at 75% to write this.

HELP PLEASE !!!

Last edited:
With a reading at 131 in breath you are at significant risk of a custodial sentence under the Magistrates sentencing guidelines, however it is not a foregone conclusion that you will be sent to prison. You have said that this is your second offence in 10 years but the only other offence you mention occurred in 1998, this would not be relevant in the Magistrates sentencing. It would be well worth having a solicitor attend the hearing with you due to the serious nature of the offence.

If this is something that you would like to discuss further then please feel free to call my office on 0845 002 0736 and ask to speak to Alex

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off