Drink driving while disqualified for drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Saz

Hi can anyone help me as i'm extremely worried about my partner being sent to prison. Just over 1 year ago my partner lost his licence for drink driving.... He bumped into friends while in town and 1 drink lead to another and a lot more. He then decided to move his car out of the car park which was due to be locked and was going to park around the corner, Stupid I know, He was watched leaving the pub clearly intoxicated on CCTV which lead to his arrest. His breath test was 98.1 and he was banned for 2 years and given a £2500 fine. He was due to take a course in December this year to take 6 months off his ban, Unfortunately in the begining of November this year after recieving bad news which lead to a row between my partner and I he stormed out taking his pedal bike he went to his friends and he had 2 large vodkas that his friend poured and he realised that he had picked my keys up with my car key on and my car was at his friend house as i'd left it the day before as his friend was going to service it for me. A moments act of stupidity he decided to drive home which is a couple of miles and just after he left his friends house he got round the corner and a driver pulled out in front of him forcing him to the wrong side of the road heading toward people on the pavement, he managed to spin the car round avoiding the people which lead to him hitting a parked car and a wall. The air bags went off and and he must have been knocked unconscious as the next thing he remembered was being dragged from the mangled car by his head out of the driver door window by a gang of men from the near-by tandoori shop as he had hit one of their cars. He was then kicked and punched off this group of men. The police arrived and my partner was arrested and taken to the police station, his breath test was 74.5, he gave his statement and held his hands up to driving while disqualified and although he didnt realise he was over the limit but test prooved he was (he had nothing to eat all day and his friend poured the 2 drinks) so he held his hand up to this. Nothing has been done to question the men who dragged him from the car and assaulted him... He should never have been removed from the car until paramedics arrived. The police officers never took him to hospital ever though he had a cut to his head and the car was a complete right-off. I made him go to the hospital 2 days later and the doctor confirmed that his injories were due to being dragged backwards from the car and his assault. The doctors wanted him to stay in hospital for a brain scan as he was slurring and his pupils were 1 large 1 small but he refused. He has been off work for 1 month as he works off-shore and his doctor put him on the sick, which has lead to a great financial loss and he continues to suffer every day with head aches, back pain, shoulder pain ect.
He was bailed and is due to answer bail on the 7th December, He was arrested for driving while disqualified and being over the legal limit. I dont know if anything else can or will be added for the damage of the parked car and wall or having no insurance.
I have read a few things on the internet and I'm affraid he will be sent to prison. He's a good person, He is a great dad to his 2 boys from a previous relationship and he's a great step-dad to my 2 girls. He has got a really good job which he would loose if he went to prison. I know what he done was wrong but the thought of him going to prison really scares me. I'm trying to remain strong but I need to know what I should expect to happen and he is not seeing his solicitor until the 5th and its driving me mad. :confused:
Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated, Thanks for reading x

Unfortunately it seems that your partner is at significant risk of a custodial sentence, although it is by no means a certainty. Your partners Solicitor will have a greater understanding of the case as he will have taken detailed instructions and will be able to provide a more accurate assessment on the likelihood of a custodial sentence being imposed. If you are concerned about having to wait until the 5th to speak to your partners Solicitor then it may be worth giving them a call to discuss the case.

If this is something that you would like to discuss in greater detail then please feel free to call my office on 0845 002 0736 and ask to speak to Alex

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off