idiot mother - 2nd offence with crash

Convicted Driver Insurance

mums_a_prat

Hi,

My mum drove her car into a lamp-post (no 3rd party involved, pedestrian or otherwise) in 2006 while severely over the limit and was prosecuted/banned at the time. She has done a similar thing tonight. She has smacked a a parked car, at what looks like some speed. To give some substance to the damage, she's nearly knocked one of the rear wheels off! From what I have been told her car is a write off. She had drunk 2 bottles of wine (at least) before the incident and was on her way to get more when the incident happened. Again, no pedestrian injury but the other car is damaged.

Here's the complicated bit. She suffers from fairly severe mental illness (Acute depression, Borderline personality disorder, alcoholism, prescription drug addiction) She spends her life fairly suicidal. Now, is it likely that she will receive a custodial sentence for this offence? I know it's hard to foretell but I'm trying to work out what the likely situation will be. My personal opinion is that she SHOULD receive a custodial sentence...harsh as that may sound! If not, what is she likely receive? Obviously she'll get a ban (again as far as I'm concerned this should be permanent!) but I'm not entirely sure what the general rule of thumb is for repeat offenders, especially given her mental state?

many thanks!

For a second drink drive offence a minimum period of 3 years disqualification will be imposed. However I would need to know the actual reading given at the police station before I could comment on the likelihood of a custodial sentence being imposed of give a more accurate assessment of how long your mother will be banned for.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off