First offence, high reading

Convicted Driver Insurance

rowlandzrat

Hi, I got pulled last week drink driving. I hadnt inteded on driving but made the stupid decision too, had a high reading of 92 out of 100 on the breathe test at the police station. I was looking for advice on what sort of punishment to expect, I dont believe there were any aggravating circumstances although im worried about the distance traveled as i was lost and looking for a petrol station at services as i ended up on the motorway, so lost my hearing is in Liverpool as opposed to manchester where I live and where began driving at the inccident. Is that going to go massivly against me? I fully cooperated with police, have never been in any form of trouble before, need my car for work so my boss is writing a letter on behalf of the company explaining my need for transport and a character reference, I also need my car to commute to university as its a reasonalbe distance with no good transport links and I also have a 2 and a half year old daughter who relies on my use of a car. I know i am going to recieve a ban but the lenght of the ban worries me and also the prospect of community service mortifies me as it would probably impede on the time i can spend with my daughter, what should I be prepared to be given? I think the hearing will be the hardest day of my life, im probably going to be an emotional wreck. Any input appreaciated.

For a reading of 92 in breath there is a risk of a community order being imposed, however this reading is only just into the sentencing bracket in which the Magistrates will consider imposing a community order. As such it may be possible to mitigate your case to avoid this and just have the ban imposed. The guidelines for the Magistrates advise a 23-28 month disqualification with your reading, although again you are at the lower end of the bracket.

If this is something that you would like to discuss further then please feel free to give my office a call on 0845 002 0736 and ask to speak to Alex.

Went pretty much as i exected just incase this information is useful to anyone. 24month ban (which will be reduced to 18 once ive completed the drink driving rehabilitation course), £60 fine and £85 court fees and finally 50 hours unpaid work, lesson learnt already, is'nt something im ever going to be doing again.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off