Is my conviction spent? Please Help!

Convicted Driver Insurance

chris12345

Basically, what sparked me off to check this was the fact that I need a CRB check for a potential job, but it has left my thoroughly confused!
Heres my story...
In April 2008 I was convicted of drink driving AND driving without insurance as it was my mates car. Anyway, I went to court and received a 20 month ban and 20 month conditional discharge, I had to pay £60 court costs but no fine as I was young and unemployed so they decided to increase the ban and not fine me. My solicitor told me they would be spent after 5 years of the conviction date which I noted and have thought ever since.
Anyway I looked online and checked a few forums and the yourrights.org.uk website. On the website it states that if you were disqualified it becomes spent at the end of the disqualification, same goes for conditional discharge. It only states 5 years if you received a fine....

...as if this wasn't confusing enough, I got a replacement driving license at the beginning of this year as I lost my photocard. On the new counterpart, the IN10 (driving without insurance) conviction has magically disappeared, but the DR10 is still there, and in the box where it says "fine" it is just left blank.

I am now very confused, I am going to ring the DVLA and my local police tomorrow for advice but I was hoping one of you guys might be able to shed some light?

It would be much appreciated, thanks :)

hello, the easiest way is to speak with the DVLA but in any event my advice would always be to declare everything and then the other party can make a fully informed decision, regards

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off