Drunk in charge but got compelling reason.

Convicted Driver Insurance

saujan

[h=1]Drunk in charge of a vehicle.?[/h]On friday night I was at my girlfriends house and drinking. At around two in the morning I looked out of the window and saw a man looking inside my car. I went to the car and confronted him. The guy shouted something I did not comprehend and tried to punch me which I dodged. I looked inside the car and could see that my Xbox was in the passenger seat. So I got inside the car and sat in driver seat locked up and called 999. At this point the man banged the window. So i got out and tried to avoid any physical confrontation and just dodged him again as he tried to grab me. Because of the exertion I felt sick and vomited. I ran across the road and called 999 again for help. When the police arrived the man accused that I tried to explain to them what had happened and they then took a statement from the guy who said I was driving and had hit his car. The police arrested me, I protested and told them to take pictures and secure my car as by this time I had realized that I was at a disadvantage because I was drinking. They did not breathalyse me which I requested and also did not breathalysed this man. They did not record my statement and just took me to a police station and then had my blood tested at 9 in the morning. They are saying that they are awaiting the result of my blood test and may charge me for being drunk and incharge of a vehicle. I am scared and dont know what should I do. When I returned after my release to the car I noticed that the police did not even bother to secure my car and the x box was still in the seat. I took pictures and in one photo you can clearly see that the car was clearly sitting there for a long time more than a night as the leaves from the tree and bird excrement were over the car. I dont know whether I should defend myself or plead guilty and provide mitigation. Can someone help me out.

there is no doubt that you have a strong case as the very fact that you called the Police speaks volumes about what happened, sadly sometimes a drunken man is an easier option for the police to deal with and that seems to have happened here. I would recommend defending your case if you are even charged and please let me know how you get on, the police have very limited evidence and hopefully they will see that this matter is not worth proceeding with, many thanks

there is no doubt that you have a strong case as the very fact that you called the Police speaks volumes about what happened, sadly sometimes a drunken man is an easier option for the police to deal with and that seems to have happened here. I would recommend defending your case if you are even charged and please let me know how you get on, the police have very limited evidence and hopefully they will see that this matter is not worth proceeding with, many thanks

They have asked me to come to a police station on the 13th of January. The decision to charge me is pending with CPS. Thanks for your advice.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off