Insurance / Whip Lash Claims

Convicted Driver Insurance

pricey212

Hi,
Friday night my brother crashed into another car whilst over the limit... he stupidly had 2 pints and blew 47 at the side of the road and then blew 41 back at the station... he has also given a blood test so we are waiting for the results back from that.

He crashed into a young guy who was messing around on the road, he did a U turn in the middle of the road and my brother hit him. The young guy and his 3 friends ran from the scene on the accident... my brother and his friend chased after them and caught them then rang the police.... he obviously didnt think he was over the limit or he defo wouldnt have called the police... he thought he was doing the right thing. Anyways the police said for him to leave his car and there wasnt anything they could do... my brother then said his car was half in a ditch and needed help moving it... they then came out and breatlised him, where he blew 47 so he was arrested then taken to the station where he blew 41.

The young guy who he crashed into has crashed 3 times in 5 months and is only 17... he admitted at the scene that it was his fault... but now my brother has got done for drink driving he has changed his story... hes putting a whip lash calim in... my brothers insurance has now said that they will not pay out for anything and he has to pay for everything... is this right? They said because he blew over at the side of the road his insurance is void. They have also said he needs to cover a car hire daily cost for this guy... even though his car wasnt a mess and he is only insured 3rd party. It was a car worth around £500 so my brother has offered to pay that out... but they wont accept and the insurance is dealing with it.

Would like abit of advice on what we can do please? If this guy and his friends put a whip lash claim in, will my brother have to pay that himself??

He has to answer bail in December so will he get his blood test results back then?

thanks for any help....

i can only really advise on the drink driving side and your brother has to wait and see if he will be charged, he certainly should not have been driving if he was unsure as to whether he was ok. the other party will clearly make as much of this as possible, the question must be asked as to why they all ran off ? it would be worth seeking a civil Solicitor to look at defending the claim so that he can avoid paying or at least limit the costs, if your brother needs help with the drink driving case then please call me directly on 01942 774179

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off