How to request prosecution evidence when representing yourself

Convicted Driver Insurance

ralf

I am due to appear in court for a drink driving offence for driving a vehicle when the proportion of alcohol in my breath was 54microgrammes in 100 microgrammes of alcohol.

I am preparing to represent myself in court, entering a guilty plea and then attempt to establish special reasons for moving the car. (about 4 metres)

I understand I can request to see the prosectutions evidence beforehand and woul like some advice on how to request this and if there are any time requirements for when this can be done.

thank you in advance

Entering a Special Reasons Plea seems to be the best course of action based on the distance you have driven however it is a very technical plea and could well benefit from legal representation.

In terms of requesting the prosecutions evidence the best route is probably to just write to them requesting the same, although they are not obligated to provide it to you until the first hearing.

If this is something you would like to dicuss further or enquire about representation then please feel free to call on 01942 774 156.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off