Driving after banned

Convicted Driver Insurance

Darren m

Hi there I was convicted of drink driving 4 years ago I was a high risk offender, I took my medical and passed and applied for my licence.
I was then stopped for a routine check yesterday and came up I hadn't receivedy full licence back.
I was never ordered to re take my test or that at court.
So I know face charges of driving without a licence, no insurance as I had invalid licence.
I did receive back my counterpart and card from DVDs so I just assumed I had my licence back.
Anyone had a similar problem or able to give advice?

If you had served your period of disqualification in full, sat and passed the medical, applied for your licence back then I presume the fact you hadnt received your full licence was due to a delay by the DVLA.

If you were entitled to hold a licence and were simply waiting for the DVLA to send it then the chances are you were insured.

If that;s the case you should plead not guilty to the no insurance and the driving licence offence is a fine only without any points. You should ask a solicitor to look into this for you.

On the other hand, if your ban had not expired yet then you were not entitled to hold a licence, in which case your insurance would be invalid (6-9 points or a ban and a fine) and the driving licence offence would also be endorseable with 3 points and a fine.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off