Driving whilst Disqualified

Convicted Driver Insurance

hitz

Hi,

Please can somebody help me. I am really scared.

I was convicted of drink drive in May this year (2012) for 12 months, and today i was caught driving. I have not driven since my ban, and have insured others (dad, mum & girlfriend) on the car so they can drive it. Today, my girlfriend was driving to my cousins wedding, and her leg was extremely hurting, to the point she couldn't push the clutch. So I took over to drive 3 mins up the road. Within this 3 mins, I was pulled over and arrested for driving whilst disqualified.

I am really scared, I have avoided driving for so long, trying to keep within the law, and this first time I drove...I got stopped. Anyway, I have been given a court date next monday, so require assistance urgently. I really need my car, and a further ban would cause more harm, as I have been counting down days until this ban is over. Furthermore, I cant afford to pay massive fines. I'm going to have to get the car out of the pound, and just finished paying my fine for the drink drive conviction.

Please can somebody advise on the probable outcomes (not the maximum, as this will only scare me more), and if there is anything I can do to avoid a further ban.

Thanks

The sentencing guidelines for Disqualified driving suggest that, for a first offence with no similar previous convictions and no aggravating factors, a community based penalty will be considered. For a second offence the court would consider a prison sentence.

If you require legal representation in court then call our national helpline on 08450020736 and we can arrange this for a fixed fee.

I should also add that the court will also imopse a further period of disqualification from driving and effectively extend your current ban.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off