Urgent Help Needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

adam_77

I am in need of ugrent advise.

I am this week due to finish my driving ban (1st time offender and low risk) I applied my drivng licence about a month ago and received the ID for back but yet no Licence so I chased this last week with DVLA. they informed me that my application has been passed to medical department (not sure why as I and not a high risk offender) Anyways today I called the DVLA and they tell me that I need to refer to the section 88 of Road Traffic Act (exceptions to drive) they say I can verbally get my doctors to confirm to drive and I need to complete a medical questionaire (myself and not the doctors) then my application will be considered. My doctors are not happy unless reuested in writting by DVLA.

I dont have any adverse medical issues that would effect my driving. I have been on medication for night terror and depression but this was already the case before I got banned. The DVLA said I can drive after my disqualification end but at my own responsiblity after I complete medical questionaire and send it back.

My concerns are basically will I be legally allowed to drive after my disqualification ends ? (bear in mind the above) how can i get insurance if I dont have a valid driving licence and why the DVLA said I can drive.

Has anyone else expereinced this with DVLA.
(apparnetly DVLA said they received 3rd party information which is reason why my case has been passed to medical. (sound very strange as I found out by ringing as my disqualification end within a week) would of expected this to be sorted out whilst i was banned in the early stage.

Any information will help.

Thanks
Adam

I think that the best option in your case would be to complete the forms that they are requesting and see what the result is, you always need to be very sure when you drive that the licence is back in force or there is a good chance of further offences being committed. have a good chat with your doctor and some of the dvla guidance is quite good too on their website, let me know how you get on, many thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off