bailed. but officer not turned up on bail date!

Convicted Driver Insurance

DJFish

Good afternoon. I got stoped for having a bulb out on my car, and was brethalysed, i was slightly over the limit and arrested for drink driving. Took the test agin in the station and was told that I had to take a blood test because i was so close to the limit. sat in a cell for an hour waiting for a doctor to take the blood. I was released another hour later and told i was ok to drive home. I was given a bail date to return to the station (8 weeks later).

I had to take time off work and got to the station half an hour early. After waiting an hour in reception the officer on reception called me over to tell me the officer that had to see me had not turned up and wasnt due to be in for another 6 hours! She took my mobile number and sent me away telling me the officer would contact me.

Its now been another 8 days and I have had no contact from them!! Is there anything I can do? I need to know if I am being charged or not because I am waiting to send off for my personal licence so i can get promoted at work but can't if i am charged. Should I take this as they cant be bothered taking it any further?

Thanks

No, the only way to be sure is to speak with the officer involved, just because they have not been contact isnt really news either way. The officer has been sloppy in the approach as its someones life that they are dealing with so give them a call and chase up the results. At least then you will know either way. Regards

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off