Appeal for reduction in ban length

Convicted Driver Insurance

jime8585

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope I have posted in the right section and my questions have not already been answered elsewhere.

I was banned on the 17th December 2010 for 3 years, it is my second ban. My first being in 2006 for 1 year (reduced by 3 months for doing the drink awareness course). Unfortunately I do not remember what my reading was on the second occasion although I believe it was quite close to the legal limit.

I understand that I have the right to appeal for a reduction in ban length, but not until 2 years has passed, so I am intending on writing a letter to the magistrates court I was banned at asking for a hearing, is this correct procedure? Do I have to wait until 17th december 2012 or can I send them the letter now?

I believe I have a reasonable case - my life was not in a particulary good position at that time, since then things have improved dramatically. I found a job, moved away from the area to the lake district. Have progressed in my job and have got a promotion, It would be of great use to me if I could drive again for work (attending courses, providing relief for over hostels in the area) and also because public transport in this area is poor.

I have not attended the drink awareness course this time as i actually felt I deserved my ban and having already done the course did not feel I would gain that much from it...I am not sure weather to say this in my letter or not!

However shortly after being banned I attended a counsilling type thing to discuss my drinking - my councillor and I came to the conclusion that my drinking was not a major problem in my life so I stopped going. Again I haven't got a record of these meetings anymore, but I think he may have sent something to the court? Does this sound likely?

So in summary, I would like to know, am I going about the process in the right way? Do you think I have a reasonable case?

I hope this has made sense and is not to long winded! I look forward to your response.

Many thanks

hello, yes i think that you would be able to apply for the licence back in december of this year, your reasons sound good but the trick of these is all in the application at court, a poor case will be disregarded instantly but with the right solicitor we could have you back on the road ! let me know if you decide to go ahead, many thanks

hello, yes i think that you would be able to apply for the licence back in december of this year, your reasons sound good but the trick of these is all in the application at court, a poor case will be disregarded instantly but with the right solicitor we could have you back on the road ! let me know if you decide to go ahead, many thanks

Thanks for your reply. How can I contact you?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off