Failure to Provide

Convicted Driver Insurance

Steph8

I was recently involved in an accident, hitting a parked car with nobody around when I had been drinking. It was a stupid mistake an completely out of character. I have a clean license and no previous convictions. When taken to the police station I was in such a state I couldn't blow into the machine properly, so I have now been charged with failure to provide :( .. I originally said I didn't need a solicitor present as I was going to plead guilty but now I'm not sure whether I should have one? Also could you advise me on what I'm likely to receive in court because of this? I'm really worried about it.

Last edited:
my advice would be to take a solicitor to court with you, especially with your good character it would be certain to make a difference to sentence. for the offence itself it really depends on how it is put forward to the court, failing to provide in charge can be dealt with by way of points only, whilst failing to provide while driving can result in a ban of at least 2 years. there is a large difference and therefore well worth someone helping you at court to get the best result, regards and let me know if you would like me to arrange representation at Court,

It was failure to provide while I was at the station, even though I originally said to the police I wasn't going to have a solicitor would I be able to decide on one now and just inform them? I didn't realise I'd have to put my case forward myself and I know I'll just break down in tears and not put a good case forward. If you could help me out with someone to advice me and provide me with a solicitor it would be great. Many thanks, Steph

My colleague Alex has attampted to call you on the number provided on your profile, he has left a message with his direct contact details.

Hmmm I haven't received any messages, although I can't seem to access my contact details on this site, to see whether I put the landline or mobile.

Thank you so much for your help, I got 16month ban with the option of the course so can be reduced to 12month and a £400 fine. I'm so relieved its over and will never be making such a stupid mistake again!!! Not a nice feeling!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off