Worried about sentencing

Convicted Driver Insurance

I got home from a party a few weeks ago and stupidly got into my car to drive to McDonalds. I had been on edge all day as there were several people at the party I did not want to see, and I must have drunk more than I realised. I did not drive far before I hit a bollard and my car ended on its roof. There was no traffic or people about and although I was taken to hospital, I was, thank god uninjured. I was breathalysed at the hospital - 117 and a blood sample was taken (in the 200's - can't remember now the exact figure). I am expecting my court summons and have been researching and I see that I could get between 23 - 28 months disqualification, low-mid community service order - I am right on this? I am worried about the community service and dda charge as I am trying to change my career which would involve travelling the world and having to obtain a visa for the USA. I know a DDA doesnt me I cannot get into America, but would I be better requesting a fine rather than a community service order? Also, could I request to do the drink driving course if it reduced all my sentencing.
I still cant believe I made such an error of judgement, completely out of my character but I feel the stress of that day had got to me, I hadnt really eaten either. I suffer from depression and anxiety so feel moments of stress very harshly. Thanks for any advice you can give me. Also, am I sensible to hire a solicitor to represent me at court?

forgot to say, I have a clean licence and have never been in trouble with the police before

I would certainly recommend getting a solicitor in your case, there are serious aggravating features of overturning the vehicle and crashing into the street furniture. I see that you are glad you were uninjured but the court may be more concerned that there was the possibility that other third parties could have been hurt. However, you have a clean licence and are of good character and they are the strongest points. The Court may still consider custody, probably suspended, because of the very high readings involved and the details of the offence but it would not be time served. The course can still be applied for in relation to this offence and it will give a 25% reduction, the reality is that the ban will be a lengthy one and taking this course will be certainly worth your while. thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off