Driving whilst disqualified

Convicted Driver Insurance

AndyCabs

Well Known Member
Hi

I am currently serving a 3 year ban, second offence, of which I have served 22 months.

Earlier tonight I was caught by the police for driving whilst disqualified. I live in Northern Ireland and the 11th of July is when a lot of bonfires take place. A bonfire was to be lit later tonight at the bottom of the street and I was due to go to work at 5.00 until 9.00. A lot of neighbours had moved their cars back down the street to avoid the heat, ash, etc so I decided to do the same before more residents came back from work. As I was reversing my car I noticed a police car behind me, I was approached and asked by name for my drivers licence. I was NOT arrested but answered a few questions, my name, my car Reg, did I have insurance, did I have convictions of which I replied 'Yes' to all. I was told the report would go to Prosecution Services and I would probably receive an extension to the ban. My car was taken away and am now so undecided as to what could happen. I have decided to trash the car but am worried about consequences as to what will happen with the court process.

its really odd that you kept a car at the end of your road near your house for 22 months without driving it, was there not another person who could have helped you moved it ? anyway as the case is in NI we would be unable to help further - but you could try P R Hanna Solicitors on 028 90235554 - cheers

Hi,

To date, it is now 16 weeks since the incident described above and I have heard nothing from the Police or Courts.

I check the Magistrates Court list every day and nothing !!!!!

It is so frustrating not knowing if the case is going to proceed. I have tried to speak to Solicitors but I cant get any advice unless I have a pending conviction with a court date.

I would like to apply to have my license reinstated after the 2 year ban but advice from others say leave it and let the 3 year ban run its course whilst others say if nothing happens after 6 months then I cannot be prosecuted for the driving whilst disqualified offence.

Any information would be appreciated.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off