Worried

Convicted Driver Insurance

sparksy35

Hi, I was caught driving whilst above the legal limit 53. I was not insured on the car and when pulled over also found out my licence had been revoked in 2008. I am worried that I might receive a custodial sentence when in court on the 13th july. Could somebody please tell me what the likely outcome would be? I went out to get medication for my partners son, but I dont think this will sway a judges opinion on my crime.:(

the reading itself is a low one and the fact that you were going to buy medication is an important part of mitigation. if the medication was needed on an emergency basis then we would be able to keep your licence for you if the application for special reasons was accepted by the Court. if the journey could have waited or have been completed by someone else then the case would not be as strong. the fact that you had a revoked licence and no insurance are aggravating features and will not be seen in a good light by the Court. It would be well worth getting some legal advice at an early stage to clarify the facts and to see whether there is any chance of keeping the licence, have you been in trouble with the Police before ??

as it is an unrelated offence i do not think that the court will take the ABH into account when they sentence for the drink drive matter. medication can often be important but the chances of it requiring drinking and driving are very very limited. are you still thinking of an early guilty plea?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off