will court take mitigating circumstances into account

Convicted Driver Insurance

tartan

I'm at court tomorrow on drink driving charge, I'm so ashamed.I had been drinking earlier in evening went to bed with no inclination to drive, was awoken from deep sleep by 16yrs old son stating he was stranded 20 miles away, son stated time was much later than actually was, my son is a witness at a trial for which he was viciously assaulted(charge of gbh) fairly recently and I just went into mother mode of rescue my son. Turns out I hadn't been asleep as long as I thought and my test was 85! Police even stated they didn't smell alcohol from me, was stopped cos forgo to put lights on, was driving car unfamiliar to me and put wipers on instead when police stopped me.police actually said if I had just turned on my lights woulda been end of matter as perfectly lucid. I fully accept I'm wrong however. I'm totally anti drink driving and mortified at the whole thing, I can't afford a solicitorwould it be a good idea to give duty solicitor a written outline of events and statement from myself.I have never been in trouble before I also hold a pcv licence would I have to resit this, also I'm attending sheriff court not magistrate. Finally any idea of best and worst case scenario, thanks

hello, again I would caution anyone (without a serious drink problem) telling the Court that they felt fine at 85 in breath but thats a decision for you. As the case is in Scotland i would be unable to help further but i do have a friend up there who could help - try Paul Kavanagh on 0845 051 0810, regards

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off