Drunk in charge changed to drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

L1186

I went to court today to find out my original charge of drunk in charge had been changed to full drink driving.

I was found by police underneath my moped - they say straddling it. I was moving the moped from my road to another, safer road using the engine to help me move it as it is a heavy bike. I lost my balance and the bike fell on top of me. The police found me underneath the bike and I blew a 95.

Today I pleded not guilty to drink driving but now I am scared I have made the wrong decision and will face harsher penalties if the court decides that what I was doing constitutes driving. In your opinion what is te best course of action / can I change my plea?

Also I am unclear about the differences in the charge. Is drunk in charge a motoring offence but drink driving a criminal offence?
Any advice you can give me would be great as I'm dealing with this on my own, too embarrassed to confide in friends or family
Thank you

Both offences will be a criminal conviction in the court and on your record, you can change your plea at any time with the appropriate loss of credit. At 95 you should have been nowhere near a moped and its no shock that it's ended badly. That said the police have to prove 'driving' and there is a whole mountain of cases on this point. Don't despair I hope the case can be salvaged

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off