Drink Driving Charge

Convicted Driver Insurance

mikenotion

Hi,

I'm 22 years old, with 3 years driving experience, 3 years NCB, one speeding fine over 2 years ago.

I crashed my car into a metal railing but the car was still drivable, I drove it to my friends house, got out and inspected the damage, my friend was also with me in the car.

A few minutes later police arrived and took me to the police station, they breathalised me at the station, I blew around 84.

In the morning they interviewed me and they had a picture of the car being driven two hours before I was detained, due to this they chose to charge me with driving with excess alcohol. I was not behind the wheel, or attempting to drive the car when they arrived, simply inspecting the damage. My friend said in a statement I was driving the car earlier, and hit a metal fence and continued on to his house.

I have a small business which I have been developing for 2 years, and have put thousands of pounds into it, the business is only just starting to generate regular revenue, however I need to be able to drive otherwise the business will most likely perish. I work with university students too, putting work there way and helping them get into the industry, they most often need to be driven by me too to carry out their work.

Also, I have some clients who have already signed contracts with me, where I guarantee them services which rely on me being able to drive.

Where do I stand with this? Should I even plea guilty, seeing as there's no quantifiable evidence that I was driving the car over the limit at the time the car was pictured on the road?

If I should plea guilty, can I plea for mitigation, and do I have good grounds to do so?

Thanks,
Mike.

we would only be able to specific legal advice if you were a client of the firm and generic help seems applicable at this time. The police clearly have to prove that you were driving and the statement from your friend has helped them do this. The case needs a very careful approach and it may well be that the offence cannot be made out by the CPS. You will need to get a Solicitor on board to prepare the case as the sentence for your case, along with the aggravating features, would be a heavy penalty. thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off