DVLA driving while waiting for medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

alexander63

I was banned for D/D in 2009 for 28 months which has now expired, I sent off my application for my licence enclosing the fee of £ 90. I understand as I am in the HRO category I have to have a medical. My question is can I drive until the results of my medical. I have contacted the DVLA medical team who informed me I am entitled to drive while awaiting the outcome of the medical but I have read conflicting reports on this site and really need to know as I live in a rural area and my wife is seriously ill in hospital 20 miles away. I just need to know, if I am stopped by the police are they going to prosecute and remove my car on the spot as I wont actually physically have a driving licence to produce. I may add the car is insured and I am on the policy as a named driver and they know about my conviction. I really dont care about driving anywhere apart from going to the hospital and shopping, my wife wont be able to drive when she comes home for a few months either. So she will be relying on me to take her to hospital etc for further apps. Hope you can put my mind at rest as I dont want to break the law again.

Dont worry about the previous thread of mine I have managed to contact the DVLA and spoken to them. The outcome was I am legally entitled to drive as my ban has expired and under section 88 of the road traffic act I am entitled to drive until the results of my medical have been returned to them, I am not going to worry anymore thats a weight off my mind.:)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off