Have a ban, need advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

Justinas

Hi, i was caught by police. My breath was 80 mg. Today i was in a court and get 20 months ban plus 350 fine and court expences.
I was trying to explain how it was and what does it means my licences.Basically, i had a drink with my friends in the evening. I've drank 4 bottles of beer. After them i had a nap maybe for three hours. In the early morning i woke up and start to drive my car.Then i was stopped. The thing is that my work is with the car and now without a licences i cant pay my penalties, rent, food and the rest. I wont have any income in case im loosing my job.Is it any opportunities to appeal? At least to get lower ban.. just dont know what to do, because my life seems gone now..
I think the law is to punish not to finish the person life..
Please, give me any advice.
J.

If you pleaded guilty of your own accord and not after a trial then I am afraid that the case is now concluded and you will have to deal with the ban. The ban imposed is certainly in line with the current guidelines and I would not recommend appealing unless you find new grounds that would help. The use of a licence is only usually mitigation and cannot save your licence. If you were convicted after trial or without legal advice and a case exists then occasionally the case can be re opened. But this is rare and often simply results in the same sentence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off