Getting license back from abroad - medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Kibris

I wonder if anybody can help me please....

In August 2010 I made the stupid decision to drive home from a leaving party with spectacular consequences: hit a tree at 70mph, had to be cut free by firemen, rushed to hospital, broken ankle, two-and-a-bit times the legal limit. Not a smart move and one I regret enormously.

I was given a 22 month ban but did the drink driving course in Leeds and as such I was free to apply for my licence again in mid February of this year. However, they (understandably) regard me as high-risk and I have to do the medical before getting back on the road. One problem: I now live and work in Northern Cyprus.

Is there absolutely no way on God's green earth of avoiding this? Do I absolutely HAVE to come back to the UK to do it? And if so, should they write to me saying it's on such-and-such a date are medicals easy to either re-arrange or to stipulate a date as it'd mean taking holiday time to return...

Cheers!

Im sorry to say that the country where the offence was committed always retains the power and I have never heard of medicals being conducted abroad. You will have to return to the uk but certainly should be able to arrange a convenient date to suit your schedule. The notice period for the medical should give you plenty of time. Good luck

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off