Unsutable for employment after dring drive

Convicted Driver Insurance

Vlad

Background: 27-03-2010 I was caught by police at my car at midnight and brought to police station to take breath test. The reading was recorded at 74. 12-04-2010 before the court, the duty solicitor told me that I had no defence, and advised to plea “guilty” to get shorter period of disqualification and to take rehabilitation course. The court charged me £130 and 13 months of disqualification, plus I agreed to attend the rehabilitation course. My evidences were read by the duty solicitor after “guilty”. I passed the rehabilitation course and received the Certificate of completion and my driving licence in May 2011. From the information obtained on the course I realised that I was charged for “drink drive” while I should have been charged for “drink in charge of the car” as I was taken by police at my car and I gave up the key from my pocket and I did not drive the car being drunk.
I wrote my plea for leniency to the court 05-03-2011, exploring all details of the case in line with the one read by the duty solicitor in the court. The letter I received from the court confirmed that they were unable to do anything with my evidences and my plea.
Current situation: Trying to find and arrange employment I was proposed by the potential employer to undertake examination for the BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence holders. 12-03-2012, I passed the exam and now awaiting the results. I found the list of relevant offences to a person being considered unsuitable to hold a personal license, which includes Driving with excess alcohol in one’s body. I could not find details whether this relates to my case or not, whether the conviction is spent.
Could you give me the answer IF I am unsuitable? Is there any way to change the situation in my circumstances? If there is a way, could you undertake the case?

If you pleaded guilty to the offence then it is too late now to do anything about it. There is a time limit of 21 days for appealing against a conviction or sentence from the Magistrates Court.

The conviction will remain on your driving licence for 11 years but under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act it's spent after 5 years if you received a fine.

It is the sort of conviction that can cause you difficulty when applying for a liquor licence and you might be better taking advice about your liquor licence refusal, rather than trying to overturn the drink driving conviction.

If you would like more help with this then we can help. Please call 08450020736 to discuss your case in more detail.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off