totally depressed

Convicted Driver Insurance

buckley123

hi i was arested for drinking /driving on sat 3/3/2011 i was in the pub and had to much to drink i left the pub at about 2200 and the license said if i drove she would report me as i was drunk i abused her a little bit but said ok after about 10 /15 mins i returend to the pub and got in my car and drove home a short while after getting home about 8 police officers came and aressted me and took me to the police station and put me on a breath machine the reading was 95 then 93 i was then locked up till about 9.30 in the morning when they questioned me on wat had happend i told them i did not drive and that i asked somebody else to take my car home / they then said that the licencee of the pub had made a statment sayin that i drove and also that there was cctv evidence that i was seen getting in the car and driving off which i denied as i was scared and not thinking straight . They then said they would go and get a copy off the cctv and if it was correct they would charge me which they did at 12.20 . i know i have been a totall pratt and a fool what punishment do you think i will get if found guilty and is it worth me getting a solicitor

You should definitely get yourself a drink driving solicitor.

You are entitled to see the CCTV evidence before entering a plea.

As you have admitted lying to the police i could not advise you to repeat those lies in court because this would be perjury. However the prosecution must still proe your guilty and I would strongly advise you to seek legal representation before you go to court.

Your reading is high (more than 2.5 times over the limit) and will attract a community penalty and lengthy ban if convicted.

i have now got a solicitor who will represent me . Can you tell me this . if they did not see me drive or catch me driving how can they prove that i did it ? they say the cctv shows me getting in the car but i dont think that it would have been clear enough to definetly id me Do they have to be 100 per cent positive that it was me as i told them it was somebody else driving and i can take them to court with me to verify this

The standard of proof in criminal cases is beyond all reasonable doubt, in other words the court have to be sure. This is not necessarily the same as beyond a shadow of a doubt.

You should ask your own solicitor, who has seen the evidence, what your prospects of conviction of acquittal are.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off