New, nervous and blew 58

Convicted Driver Insurance

Griffiths85

My first ever offence after 8 clean years of driving. I crashed my vehicle early hours of the morning and was discovered by the police. I blew a 58 and a 56 and was cooperative, honest and remorseful when the police arrived. I have never been arrested for any reason previously. Will I need a solicitors for my hearing, what do I need to do prior to the case and what are my likely consequences. Thanks in advance.

The court always use the lower of the two evidential breath readings. The guideline sentence for 56 mg in breath is a ban of 12 to 16 months and band c fine. A well prepared drink driving solicitor will give you the best chance of persuading the magistrates that you fall into the bottom end of that bracket and being referred to the rehabilitation course for a further reduction of your ban by up to 25%. A solicitor can be arranged for a fixed fee. To arrange legal representation call the national drink drive helpline on 08450020736 and an expert will talk you through what you need to do to prepare.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. If people knew of the guilt shame and sleepless nights leading to my trail they wouldn't consider any transport after a single drink.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off