Unfit to drive through cannabis

Convicted Driver Insurance

gibson7

Stoped by police had a couple draws of a spliff about ten mins before stopped. Had a small amount of cannabis on my that made me realy smell, officer arrested me because he thought i was unfit to drive, took me to station breath tested which came up 0, the doctor came to test me and i heard the doctor say to the officers when test was finshed that i had failed some and past some so the office wanted to take blood which was fine with me, after that i was put in cell for 6hrs then got woke up for fingerprints and mouth dna, then was relised straight after that with no futher information e.g charges, bail or that.

1.) Should i be out on bail?
2.) Will i hear anything back?
3.) If i had to hear back when would that be?

Thanks

Your blood sample will now be sent to a forensic laboratory for analysis of the amount of cannabis present. The presence of cannabis alone is not enough for a conviction, the police must also prove that your driving was impaired as a result of the cannabis. This is usually done by a description of bad driving or the failing of a field impairment test carried out by the doctor at the police station.

It typically takes around 6 weeks for the blood results to come back. If positive for cannabis then you will be sent a summons or postal requisition in the post requiring your attendance at court some time after that. There is a time limit of 6 months from the date of the offence within which the police must formally request a summons. There is no requirement for you to be placed on bail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off