Awaiting driving licence after medical- insurance about to be revoked.

Convicted Driver Insurance

will8371

Hi, i was banned for 3 years a while back, i have now started driving again, but have had a cover note while waiting for the medical to go through. I actuallly started driving back in nov, on a cover note. The earliest i was able to arrange a medical for was 13th January, Which i told my insurance about. they then gave me till the end of this month to produce a copy of my driving licence. I phoned up the dvla today and they informed me that they had to request more information from my gp- so could be waiting a further 4 weeks!!! well, i've informed the insurance company and they are only prepared to wait a further 7 days before revoking/ cancelling my insurance. I've explained everything and stated that it is the DVLA who are holding things up, i also arranged it so that the insurance company have permission to contact dvla to check.
Is there anything i can do to stop my insurance from being cancelled? i'm very angry that i have had to pay an initial payment of £190 , bent over backwards to sort everything out, but going tpo be out of pocket due to the DVLA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This isn't something I can assist with as it's not a question of criminal law, it's a civil matter between yourself and your insurer. It may be worth contacting the Financial Ombudsman. This is a body which deals with disputes between members of the public and insurers. They may be able to give you some information regarding your rights and, if necessary, handle a complaint against your insurer. Contact details for the Financial Ombudsman can be found here.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off