Aggravating Circumstances

Convicted Driver Insurance

BobOnTheBank

Hi

I have recently been arrested for drinking driving, but having blown 50 at the station I opted to go for the blood test. I am fully expecting these to return as confirming excess alcohol.

My question is this all came about as I crashed my car; nothing massively severe, I put it into the curb on a fairly sharp bend in the road. No one else was involved, there was no damage to any other property - not even the curb - with the exception of my own car which was rendered immobile and the police had to arrange the recovery. It didnt flip or spin or anything, there was not even any bodywork damage to the car, the car was still running, I literally just slapped the curb and put the front nearside wheel under meaning it wouldnt physically roll.

Will the fact that I've been caught because I had the accident and rendered my own car undrivable leave me in a worse position when it comes to sentancing than, say, someone who had just been pulled over and checked randomly?

Many thanks.

Potentially, yes. Evidence of bad driving and causing damage are both listed as specific aggravating factors in the Magistrates Sentencing guidelines for drink driving cases. The fact no third party was involved was good fortunate rather than anything else and Magistrates might think "what if..".

You should consider arranging legal representation in court to help limit the extent of your punishment and length of ban. A well prepared and well presented plea in mitigation can make a difference to the outcome.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off