can medication affect blood sample

Convicted Driver Insurance

dw84

hi i suffer from severe anxiety and depression i missed my doctors appointment and started to feel really anxious and unwell i then turned to alcohol to calm me as well as taking other tablets for depression and anxiety after a row with my partner i went into the car park of the flats where i live started the car and reversed about a meter before the police pulled in i then got out of the car to tell them that they were there because of the domestic i just had everything is hazy i dont remember what i said to the police i suffered a panic attack so they took blood instead of breath test they did not let me speak to a solicitor either will any medication i have took make the blood test inaccurate??? i have been bailed till febuary for blood test results

Occasionally medication can have an effect on alcohol levels but this will depend on the type and quantity of medication you had taken. We would instruct a forensic expert to comment on the effect of medication on your blood alcohol levels and potentially his/her report would have to be served on the prosecution and adduced in evidence.

We would also look at whether the police follows the statutory procedures for taking your blood sample.

It is certainly worth you having a chat with one of our experts on our national drink driving helpline on 08450020736, which will only cost you a local rate call. The advice that you will be given will be free of charge.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off