Applying for licence back early (after 2 year of 3 year ban)

Convicted Driver Insurance

mac2305

Hi, I was disqualified for 3yrs on the 5th August after crashing and had a reading of 94! This is my 2nd offence, the 1st being over 9yrs ago. At the time, i had some serious personal problems, that being my wife not allowing access to my children for over 4 months and a worry that my father was dying. I appreciate that this is no excuse but must confess that I was drinking more than I realised.
My accident occurred tHihe following day after drinking and I was wondering if I could apply for my licence back after 2yrs

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes,you can.
When you apply the court will consider your conduct and character since the ban was imposed, som make sure you stay out of trouble and discharge all other aspects of the sentence without delay.

Keep a copy of the evidence for the drink driving as the circumstances of the offence that led to the ban is is also something that the court will take into account when considering an application for early reinstatement of licence.

Finally, references and job offers that depend on you being granted a licence will all help persaude the court to exercise their discretion.

Applicaitons for early reinstatement are not granted easily and good preparation of your case is vital. I would always urge people to seek legal advice when making these applications.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off