Driving whilst disqualified

Convicted Driver Insurance

back on track

Hi, bit of a long winded question so i will start with the back ground.

I was banned for drink driving for three years, ordered to do a drink drive course, and given comunity service.

I had completed the comunity service finished the drink drive course (not the one that shortens the ban) but run by the probation service, and had completed two years of the ban.

I foolishly drove to work one morning as i had no other way to get in and was at the point of losing the work i had at the time (not something i am proud of) and got stopped by the police who knew i was banned from the moment he walked upto the car (not registered to me).

I was then sentenced to a 5 yr ban and imprisoned for 5 months.

I have now been out of prison almost a year (served two months), and have done a year of the ban.

My situation now is, i have no work due to not been able to get out and visit the sites/people i work for, and not able to travel to work in various locations. i am still self employed and my tax returns show i have made not a penny for almost the year and getting deeper in debt every day.

Myself and my partner rent a house in a small village which we are unable to pay for anymore (also in debt with the house and the bills)

My partner is on a low income as a carer and unable to make the payments needed.

Due where i live there are no regular or reliable public transport links (i am unable to get to the nearest town to even sign on)

We are now at the point of been evicted from our home and have no money to get anywhere else., if we are evicted and lucky enough to be re housed with the council she will most likely lose her job as well.

i have struggled with alcohol addiction for many years, but have been free for over 18 months now.

I have been offered work again but would need to be able to drive to do the jobs as they are in all regions at different times.

My question is, do the courts ever re instate a licence when there are so many factors involved, i have been told i need to serve 50% of the ban before they will consider it, however i am also led to believe if the sentencing has over harsh consequences this may alter the situation.

I have tried very hard to regain control of my life recently after the addiction and have done so in every way i am able. i have never been involved in an accident or hurt anyone, and have always complied with the courts sentencing with the exception of this one time.

What options do i have if any ?

Thankyou.
Robert.

It is correct that you can make an application for early return of your driving licence after you have served half of your disqualification, which in your case will be 2 1/2 years.

The Court will take into account the nature of the underlying offence, which in your case is very serious.

That said, the Court should also have regard to your conduct since the disqualification and should also consider any other circumstances of the case. In your case your efforts to beat your addiction and your reasons for needing your licence should be taken into account.

Therefore you do have the option to make an application to the Court in due course. If you would like to discuss this in more detail with one of our lawyers, please feel free to call 0845 002 0736.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off