URGENT ADVICE PLEASE

Convicted Driver Insurance

lc999

Hi, i'm 18 and on Friday morning at 4.30am i was pulled over by police for drink driving. I was carrying one passenger (also been drinking) and got breathalyzed, my reading was 91 micrograms. I have a hearing on Tuesday, and was wondering if you have any advice on getting the most leniant punishment? Also if you could predict the likely punishment?
I'm going to plead guilty and can only express how sorry and what a stupid mistake it was. I'm going to university next month and may need a part time job (car necessary). I have no previous criminal activity and a clean driving record.
thankyou, advice appreciated

With a reading of 91 microgrammes in breath you will be liable for a disqualification of 23 - 28 months and a community order.

The Court should offer you a drink driving rehabilitation course, the successful completion of which will result in your disqualification being reduced by up to 25%.

91 is right at the lower end of the relevant sentencing bracket. As such it may be possible to persuade the court to sentence you on the basis of the lower sentencing bracket. This may allow you to avoid a community order.

If you would like to discuss your case with one of our lawyers, please feel free to call 0845 002 0736.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

A curfew is a possibility in your case. Normally if the Court impose a community order for drink driving their first considerations would be unpaid work, a drink-impaired drivers programme and/or supervision. Curfews tend to be considered in more serious cases, or those where the first 3 options are unworkeable or inappropriate. This is not a hard-and-fast rule however so the Court would be able to impose a curfew if they saw fit to do so.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off