Drink Driving with no insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

G-Carter

Hi there,

On Saturday night I was pulled over driving my friends car. I failed the breath test and was taken to the police station. In the station I blew 75.

I was kept over night and released Sunday afternoon to appear in court next month.

I have drink driving and driving with no insurance against me for a night of stupidity.

I have been driving for nearly 3 years now and have kept a clean license all this time, I have also never been in any serious trouble with the police before.

Could you tell me what I am likely to be facing and whether it would be a good idea to hire a lawyer?

Many Thanks

For an offence of driving with excess alcohol, with a reading of 75 microgrammes in breath, you will be liable for a disqualification of 17 - 22 months and a fine.

The Court should offer you a drink driving rehabilitation course, the successful completion of which will result in your disqualification being reduced by up to 25%.

With regard to the level of the fine, the amount payable should be between 125% - 175% of 1 week's net income.

The fact that you have also been prosecuted for using a vehicle without insurance will serve to aggravate the drink driving matter and may prompt the Court to sentence more severely.

It is always advisable to instruct a solicitor as this will increase your chances of obtaining a sentence towards the lower end of the relevant range. If you would like to discuss your case with one of our lawyers please feel free to call 0845 002 0736.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off