Advice on Getting licence back and driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Drstrangelove13

My ban ended in June, but up untill now havent renewed it because of a lack of car, and ability to afford insurance

I know have inherited a car, and can afford insurance, I aim to Purchase insurance tommorow ( Thursday) to drive it away Friday. I also am going to send my renewal form by registered post so it gets there on the friday when my insurance starts and i start driving.

If they receive the forms Friday, will i be committing an offence by driving on the friday? and what happens if get stopped?

This depends, I assume you weren’t subject to an extended re-test or a medical examination? If not, then you will be eligible to drive once the relevant application is received by the DVLA.

If you drive before the relevant application has been received, strictly speaking you would commit an offence of driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence. In circumstances such as this, the offence is non-endorseable.

I would advise that before driving you contact the DVLA to confirm that your application has been received and to confirm that you are able to drive.

If you would like to discuss your case in more detail with one of our lawyers, please feel free to call 0845 002 0736.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off