appeal for licence back early uk

Convicted Driver Insurance

ayrshireboy

I am 21 years old, born on 29th March 1990. I passed my driving test on the 18th August 2008. On the 1st October 2008 I was charged with Drunk in charge of a motor vehicle and was given 10 penalty points. On 16th December 2008 I passed my re sit. On 22nd February 2009 I was charged with drink driving and wreckless driving. I was sentenced to 180 community service and a 3 year driving ban and ordered to sit an extended re test. I successfully completed my community service order. On December 30th 2010 I was charged with drink driving, dangerous driving, driving whilst disqualified, no insurance, failure to stop and driving a motor vehicle without permission. I was sentenced to 6 months imprisonment for drink driving and 4 months imprisonment for dangerous driving and a 5 year driving ban which expires on 30th December 2015 and also still required to sit an extended re test. I also have had a letter from the DVLA saying I will be required to have a medical before my lisence is returned to me. The 4 months for dangerous driving were dismissed due to an early guilty plea so I was only sentenced to a total of 6 months and served 3 months, without any trouble and have not since been in trouble since my release. I was told after 2 and a half years I would be able to apply for an early appeal for my drivers lisence back, what are the chances of me getting my lisence back as I have been offered apprenticeships but have been told I will have to have a drivers lisence in the fore seeable future. I have been very foolish and I know my actions were extreme, however since my release I have been in every effort to rebuild my life and getting my lisence back would be the final step for me. Thanks for any help. What are the chances that I can have a successful appeal even with my bad history?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately it is not possible to apply for the early return of a driving licence in circumstances were an extended retest has been imposed. In Dangerous Driving cases the extended retest is compulsory. Therefore, you will have to serve the whole ban.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off