Need to postpone court appearance.

Convicted Driver Insurance

idiotboy

Im another idiot that got caught DD. Hello
Im gonna get banned for at least a year. I blew 75, spent a night in the cells and got blasted by my wife. Im just gonna hold my hands up and apologise for being a dam fool.
My court appearance is on June 14th and My work contract comes to an end on the 20th June. I have to delay my court date until after this so I can complete my contract returning my company car and equipment on the 20th.
I can then disappear without the raised eyebrows.
It would seem my only option would be to get a doctors note proclaiming illness as the courts are not going to give a hoot regarding my self inflicted woes.
How can I best achieve this short delay.
Many thanks
IDOIT BOY:eek:

After brooding over this all day.
I think the best thing to do will be to turn up to court on the day and plead not guilty. The case will go to trial by which time I would have taken care of all my work commitments up till June 20th and then change my plea to guilty.
People change their pleas all the time. It may mean a few extra months ban, BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT.

Thoughts anyone?:D

What if I plead not guilty?
If you wish to plead not guilty, you will still have to attend the hearing but the matter will then be adjourned in order for a full trial to take place. You will be allowed to continue driving, pending the outcome of the trial, but at the final hearing you will need to have produced all available evidence and prepared your case fully for the Court.

I have to advise against your first suggestion. You should not risk making matters worse for yourself by seeking to mislead the Court. In any event the Courts will only grant adjournments in absence on medical grounds in the most compelling of cases.

In principle, entering a tactical not guilty plea in order to buy more time is an option, but not one which the Court will entertain lightly. As you have identified, the consequence of that strategy is that the Court may sentence more severely.

There is considerable pressure on defendants to identify the issues in the case at the first hearing. Strictly speaking a defendant is entitled to make no admissions and put the Crown to strict proof of its case. However If you turn up to Court unrepresented seeking to plead not guilty without any clear basis for doing so, the Court may seek to pressure you into pleading guilty. Therefore you should seek advice as to whether any triable issues can be identified.

If you would like to discuss your case with one of our lawyers, please feel free to call 0845 002 0736.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Thanks for your advice. Its much appreciated.
The court cant force me to plead guilty under any circumstances (can they?)
They can pressure me to their hearts content.
Im prepared for 20 months, so if I get stuck with 22 its no biggie.
Its a huge **** sandwich and Im certainly not prepared to throw money at a **** sandwich.:D:):D
Please let me know your thoughts.
Many Thanks:rolleyes:

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off